Leaves have fallen, it is starting to get a little colder, it is getting darker earlier and Halloween is near. This is my absolute favourite time of year. Nothing makes me happier than feeling a chill and browsing Halloween products in shops. I will have a separate post on my favourite Halloween items but today I’m focusing on my first Halloween look of the season, Mavis.
I want to show you how to create looks that are simple and affordable using as few products as possible. Mavis is a pretty easy look for anyone that doesn’t want to go too mad in terms of time and money for Halloween. All you really need is a black dress or even an over-sized tshirt.
You will need a few essentials, I have listed the exact brands that I used but any will do:
- Black pencil eyeliner (Rimmel)
- Black gel or liquid liner (Wet n Wild, Proline)
- Dark brown shadow (Blank Canvas Cosmetics 26 shadow palette)
- Pale foundation (Make-Up Atelier)
- Dark brown /black lipstick (Wet n Wild, Cherry Bomb)
- Contour and highlighter (Blank Canvas Cosmetics, Pippa)
- The first thing I did was create a smoky eye. I always create a smoky eye by drawing on the lid with a black liner pencil. This does not need to be tidy or neat. Smudge it in with a brush. I used the E26 from Blank Canvas Cosmetics. Once this was done I used a dark brown from the Blank Canvas palette and blended it